Saturday, February 13, 2010

Indigenous ceremony

So me and my buddies went to an indigenous ceremony to "get in touch with our spiritual side. little did I know I was in for a doosey. SO, Me Fernando, and his friend German went to this place in the Mountains of Bogota. We couldn't get there buy bus so we took a taxi. The funny thing about Bogota and directions in general is that noone knows where the hell they are going...even the taxi drivers. The streets are in blocks with numbers for each street which is simple enough but the thing is each street can have a varient of A-F and the direction it is in... for example. CLL 100A South 15B East, On top of that The streets change from time to time. Anyways we tell the taxi driver the address and looked at us dumbfounded as if we were the taxi drivers and he was the passenger. Luckily We knew the general direction of the were the ceremony was. After about 1hour of meandering aimlessly we found the place. When we got there there was several indigenous tribe members all decked out in war paint with instruments and such. Before the ceremony was to start. They passed around a drink...Not wanting to offend anyone I drank it just like everyone else. an hour goes by of chanting and dancing when I everyone starts to throw up,,,Including me. Shortly after Bats started to circle the campfire and Fernando sitting next to me was engulfed in flames!! I started freaking out until the chief tribe member calmed me down and explained to me that what I drank was hallucinogenic and that it is supposed help me see spirits and connect with mother earth. So I went with it, and saw some pretty crazy stuff I cant really explain. The next morning I felt surprisingly refreshed and clean. Apparently what I drank is called Yajé and its supposed to clean your body of everything bad and all the toxins. It was a very interesting experience and I wouldn't do it again, but I must say that I feel more energized and can think much more clearly now.

No comments:

Post a Comment